Skip Gast '72 Career Advice Zoom Call Video Now Online
Skip Gast's Zoom Presentation on Career Advice is now online.
Skip’s presentation focuses on:
- Understanding the importance of your personal brand and the impact of social media
- Preparing a resume focusing on skills, experience and outcomes
- Discuss the value of networking
- Preparing for a successful interview
- Understanding the skills companies look for that can separate you from the crowd
- Onboarding for your new job – the impact of the First 90 Days
About Skip Gast ‘72
Skip has devoted his career to making leaders and organizations better. In addition to organizational development and human relations expertise, he brings a deep understanding of business to each engagement. Skip has the unique ability to transform complex information into the simplest format – tailored to the audience and organization.
Skip joined Insight Consulting in 2015 upon his retirement from Black and Veatch, a $3B global engineering and construction firm, where he served as VP of HR.
A firm believer that “good leader’s matter”, he continues to coach and consult. Skip’s “sweet spot” is serving as an interim CHRO, leadership branding, executive coaching, competency frameworks, leadership development frameworks and development and delivery of training.
In addition, Skip teaches seminars focused on leadership branding, strategy development, team building, and employee retentions and engagement. He has experience within the Engineering, Construction, Pharmaceutical, Health Care, Legal and Insurance industries.
Civically, Skip devotes his time and professional skills, presently serving on the following boards:
- Vibrant Health Advisory Board – Board Chair
- Menorah Medical Center – Board Chair
- Sun Partners International – Board Member
He has also previously served:
- Turner House Children’s Clinic – Board Chair, 2005-2014
- University of Kansas, KU Regent’s Campus Workforce Development Board – Executive Committee, 2005-2018
- Gamma Omicron of Kappa Sigma Corporation Board - Board Chair, 2015-2018
- Kansas Board of Regents CEO Performance Task Force, 2010